Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's Alive!

Oh boy…I think I saw it twitch.  Nope.  It’s definitely dead.  Oh well, time to revive it.  What shall I use?  Something relevant to my work/life?  N to the O.  I’m-a use a squirrel.



Bam!  There.  Now that my blog is officially back from the grave with the generous help of Mr. Squirrel, I can apologise.  I'm sorry for abandoning my blog for the entire summer (if you can call it that here in Edinburgh anyway), but with a squirrel like that out your window, is it really possible to get much else done other than admiring all of that damn cuteness?  Excuses, excuses.

I understand that there’s been no bated breath surrounding the return of this blog, but I feel better if I just say the old ‘I’m sorry’ bit so I can move forward with fresh intentions.  I do that a lot on here though.  Maybe I’m noticing a trend…

I pretty much neglected to post anything on my spring/summer collection 2011, and now we’re already into autumn/winter!  Time is really flying!  And I do have some news:  the. big. kiln. is. operational.  So I can finally begin firing actual ceramics in the more classical sense. 

Only the smaller scale pieces will become available online soon, and we’ll see as far as adding larger vases and such in the future.  Also, I will be shipping a small collection of work in a couple of weeks to a lovely shop in Portland, Oregon, Sword + Fern!  The owner, Emily, is an absolute gem and fellow jewellery artist who writes a fantastic (and frequently updated!) blog here

So if, by any chance, anyone is in the Portland area, definitely check it out—I wish I could!

1 comment: