Monday, January 10, 2011

Just living life on the edge. Making treasuries…



above are a few pieces in my new Etsy treasury

I just finished my Winter Whiteout Etsy treasury featuring only British sellers!  Not that I don’t want to feature sellers from all over the world, but I feel like Americans are getting most of the attention, and it’s just not fair!  I whine because I am one, and we all know we’re good at whining.  I’m just trying to support my new community having moved to the UK seven weeks ago and finding everyone very friendly. 

My kitchen on the other hand is proving itself a little dangerous.  I managed to singe my arm hairs.  Yes, I’m a lady, and I have body hair.  Moving past that, I’m thinking my New Year’s resolution should have been to work out because it was my scrawny arms that caused my near death experience.  Near death of arm hair anyway—only the stubs remain like a freshly logged forest. 

It was necessary that I move a pot of boiling water over to a different burner as I only have the one large front burner and needed to use it for cooking my sauce.  Having underestimated my strength to execute this seemingly simple maneuver quickly, my arm was exposed to the heat from the front burner for a bit too long, and I smelt something burning.

I glanced down curiously to see that my arm hair was coiled back on itself, burnt.  This might be the first time in a while that I am actually thankful it’s winter.  Long sleeves for me!  It’s a jungle out there.  Take care, everyone.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment