Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pottery News

I couldn’t be any more excited—I will soon be in a new pottery studio!  And quite literally new…it isn’t even completely renovated yet!  I met up with the lovely potters that I’ll be sharing it with a couple days ago and chatted about the plans for the studio.  If everything goes well, I’ll be throwing again in a week!  This has sent me into full-on pottery mode, researching glaze recipes and plotting ideas for a new line.  I was admiring some microcrystalline glazed pieces, and this one absolutely stunned me with its beauty! 



The potter, as mentioned in the photo, is Bill Campbell and apparently a crystalline glaze wizard.  It’s not an easy glaze to master!  Another fabulous potter in a similar vein is John Tilton.  He has some incredible crystalline pieces that I would love to steal, er, buy.

I’ll post some pictures of the studio as we get set up and keep you updated on any upcoming pieces.  We won’t be firing any work until around the end of February once we’ve gotten the kiln room ready to go.  I guess it’ll be a while, but I just couldn’t help but throw (pun intended!) it out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment