Sunday, January 9, 2011

Soup and Squirrels. Not Squirrel Soup.



I was cooking in my kitchen and staring at the cute squirrel couple frolicking in the back garden when I realised I’d yet to share any of my “last night’s dinners.”  The squirrels are completely irrelevant.  Cute.  But irrelevant.  Of course, one could argue that cute is always relevant, but...

So, I’d like to kick start my “Food from Thought” series with a nice soup recipe.  Well, I will be posting more guidelines than recipes.  I improvise all of my dishes and don’t measure anything when I cook—it takes the fun out of it!  I will just list ingredients with some instruction, so it’s completely customisable.  I made this soup a couple of days ago as a starter, and it has a creamy texture with a slight sweetness.  It’s very light, so I wouldn’t recommend it as a hearty dinner soup.  It would pair nicely with a sandwich for lunch though.  Not many ingredients, so it’s easy on the old budget!  Check out said guidelines by clicking here or on the Food from Thought link on the side of this page.  Bon App'! 


No comments:

Post a Comment